Puerto Del Rey is committed to preserving and improving the environment. In recognition of our environmental standards, we have been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag award. We will continue to invest in clean technology and seek ways to improve our environmental practices.
Our mission is to:
- Have the clearest, cleanest water
- Eliminate waste
- Fully Recycle in all areas of the Marina
To achieve this we will:
- Recycle waste water
- Collect rainwater for boat washing and irrigation
- Control soil erosion
- Promote eco-friendly cleaning and repair materials using recommended products
- Enforce strict environmental guidelines for our contractors
- Recycle all material oil, cans, plastic, metal etc.
- Distribute environmental information to our clients, contractors, staff and nearby schools
Puerto Del Rey is also participating in the following environmental programs:
- "Blue Flag Marina" Puerto Del Rey is the only Blue Flag Marina in Puerto Rico. A world-renowned eco-label trusted by millions around the globe, the Blue Flag programme is operated under the auspices of the Foundation for Environmental Education and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. In order to qualify for this prestigious award, a series of stringent environmental, educational, safety-related and access-related criteria must be met and maintained. Through close collaboration with our members on any and all issues they may have, the Foundation for Environmental Education works tirelessly to ensure the programme's expansion, and that the unrivalled standards of the Blue Flag are maintained internationally.
- "Puerto Del Rey Recycles" in conjunction with the municipalities of Fajardo and Ceiba which aims to recycle paper, carton, and aluminum weekly
- "Shark Friendly Marinas Initiative": a non for profit which seeks to protect the shark population among commercial and sport fihsing groups and marinas
- Beach clean-ups and submarine ocean clean-ups of the surrounding areas
Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (pdf)
Manatee Safety and Preservation Summary (pdf)
Sensitive Ecosystems near Puerto del Rey Marina (pdf)